Whether you appreciate winter or desire the warmer months in Omaha, most of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a big impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Check weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your space warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it should be changed. We suggest at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can fix temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. An expert at The Frazier Company can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you are considering routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give The Frazier Company in Omaha a call to get started. You can reach us at 402-628-0206 or book an appointment with us online.