Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Omaha is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While The Frazier Company always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. cut the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call The Frazier Company in Omaha at 402-628-0206 today.