You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at The Frazier Company have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the present temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your The Frazier Company technician is over for your yearly furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 402-628-0206.