When it’s chilly in Omaha you count on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be working well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you might need a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following signs, call in an expert, like The Frazier Company.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You might have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your monthly bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps growing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at The Frazier Company will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.