Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Omaha season, have the experts at The Frazier Company perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call The Frazier Company today at 402-628-0206.